Friday, February 4, 2011

The fallen log

Sometimes nice photos inspire me to write poems. Here is one such


The Fallen log

I am a fallen log in the backwaters of memories
Slowly drifting to the ocean with waves of time
I try to swim but my hands fail
Feeling numb with cold around.

I drown in the tears of yesterdays
Did someone notice? I fear not
I wait, an infinite wait
For a hand to pull me back.

Strong arms for my rescue
I dream of a pair to hold me tight
And then did I see a flash
That you came for my rescue afterall.

It’s a lost fight for me
I lose myself every minute, every moment
I lie here submerged in thoughts
That grow endless, bigger than the ocean.

I wish I could grow wings
To fly from here like a mighty bird
To the shores that kisses the reality
And my present; And find my self.

1 comment: